Pimples are very normal during the teenage of a person and the same happens to a majority of people. However, if a person develops large, red, and painful breakouts deeper in the skin, it could mean that he is suffering from the problem of cystic acne. Cystic acne could be developed on the skin following one reason or the other. According to pattern of acne treatment in Delhi, these breakouts can be treated by certain medications and a treatment plan.
Pimples are usually caused when a pore into the skin gets clogged by the way of dead cells. During all the other times, bacteria get trapped inside the pore, thereby making the area swollen and red. Cystic acne takes place when this particular infection penetrates deep into the skin, hence creating red and tender bump which is full of pus. Cystic acne may hurt or itch. The pimple treatment in Delhi also claims that bursting of cystic acne can make the infection to spread and causes more breakouts. People usually suffer from this kind of acne in their teens or early 20s. However, cystic acne can also strike a person who is as young as 8 years or as old as 50 years. The areas of the body such as the face, upper arms, neck, back, and shoulders are affected.
Causes of cystic acne:
According to general trends of acne treatment in Delhi, there is no exact cause of the occurrence of cystic acne in people, however, the hormones, but it is known that androgens play a great part in the development of the case. During the teenage, androgens increase in the body which leads to the changes in the skin, thereby causing clogged pores and acne. Other reasons in women such as menopause, irregular menstrual cycles, pregnancy or polycystic ovary syndrome can lead to cystic acne.
Treatment of cystic acne:
According to pimple treatment in Delhi, over-the-counter medicines such as working on milder acne are believed to be having a little effect on the cystic acne. Thus, the following treatments are suggested to address the problem:
- Oral antibiotics that help to control the bacteria and lower down the infection.
- Birth control pills can help some women regulate their hormones.
- Prescription strength creams, lotions, gels, or gels with retinoid are used to unplug the pores so that the antibiotics can further do their job.
- Isotretinoin that helps to attack all kinds of causes of acne.
- Spironolactone which is a medication used to get rid of cystic acne in women
- Injection of steroids under the supervision of a dermatologist.